Cut the calories, not the flavor, with this hearty beef stroganoff.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb beef chuck steak (shoulder or round)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms (or 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms)
- 14 oz beef stock (or 1 ½ cup water plus 2 beef bouillon cubes)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 jar Harvest Palm™ Tagliatelle
- 3 tsp corn starch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cut steak into ¼ x 2 inch strips, trimming fat.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and brown beef strips on both sides.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms, cooking 3 minutes more. Add beef stock.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 45 minutes or until meat is tender (add ½ cup more water if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and palm pasta; heat for 5 more minutes.
- Add corn starch mixture and heat over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and mix in ¼ cup of sour cream. Serve immediately.