The classic French stew gets a makeover with pasta. A wonderful country dish, this delivers all the comfort of a rich pasta without the guilt.
Prep Time: tbd
Baking Time: tbd
- 1 lb beef chuck steak or chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced (1 heaping cup)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 oz) box beef broth
- 1 bay leaf ½ Tbsp. fresh rosemary, stems removed and finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried rosemary), plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. red wine
- 1 jar Harvest Palm™ Tagliatelle, drained and rinsed
- Trim fat from beef and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, and brown beef cubes on each side over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more (adding more oil if needed).
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, and herbs and simmer until beef is tender (about 45 minutes).
- Rinse, drain, and add Harvest Palm Tagliatelle and red wine to skillet, cooking until heated through and liquid is reduced.
- Serve immediately.