Almond Crusted Eggplant Parmesan
This dish is the ultimate no-settle gluten free dish – in fact, the substitution of an almond flour and meal mixture for traditional wheat products brings a complex, nutty flavor that elevates the dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- ¾ cup almond flour/meal (available as mixture)
- 2 cups gluten free tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced)
- 1 jar Harvest Palm™ Spaghetti, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel eggplant and cut into ¼ inch thick slices. Beat eggs and set aside. Meanwhile, mix almond flour with Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the eggplant into the egg mixture and then into the parmesan cheese mixture until thoroughly coated on both sides. Place the eggplant slices on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until slices are tender and golden brown (should look a little dry) about 15 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, combine the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; simmer, allowing some of the moisture to evaporate.
- Place drained and rinsed Palm Pasta in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Arrange baked eggplant on top, pour sauce over the eggplant, and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top (or layer slices). Bake for 20-30 minutes until mozzarella is melted and the palm pasta is heated through.